Quote Originally Posted by Zero333 View Post
There are 2 types of accustock recoil lugs. The first generation being similar to the axis line of rifles. The second gen is thinner around the sides.

Savage factory recoil lugs have a tang protruding out to fit in the recess of the receiver to align themselves.

I have Hollands recoil lugs that have a pin, and the pin is very thin and is useless in aligning the lug.

SSS recoil lugs have a thick pin that fits the the receiver recess, aiding their alignment.
I just received the .187" parallel side recoil lugs from PT&G and they will require a lot of work to make useable for the Accustock. You will have to file, grind, or mill it down to fit the Accustock on both sides and the bottom of the lug. It is way oversized for the Accustock, however in my search I never found an aftermarket recoil lug specifically made for the Accustock.

One thing to know a factory lug doesn't have anything to align it to your action. The PT&G lugs are drilled to accept an alignment pin, but it'll be very tiny. I just bought a recoil lug alignment tool from Badger Ordanace but I'll have to shim the sides for work with the Accustock recoil lug.

Here is a pic of a factory lug next to the PT&G lugs. I'm sending mine off to be milled to the correct size. While I could probably grind and file to fit correctly given enough time, but milling will give me a better finished product.