It turns out the guy had his scope adjusted so that the bullets where hitting the ground about midway to the target then ricocheting up into the target.
LOL I'm not quite that new to this stuff. I'm shooting at 50 yards. I haven't changed anything on my rifle or anything so I'm not bouncing anything to the target. :D I can actually still shoot decent groups much of the time because it doesn't tumble every shot. But the times it does tumble makes for a much lower score on my target than I was getting. I shoot ARA targets and I had gotten my scores up above 1600 and one 1700. Now I'm down to 1400 or so. My group size was about .5" but now it's more like .75". I've tried several different kinds of ammo and I gave each brand a chance to settle in before I gave up on it. I've shot everything from Federal bulk ammo to Eley Tenex and I get the same problems every time. But I had been shooting Wolf MT for a long time when this started. I had tried other ammo before of course but that had been quite a while before the problems. I switched to other ammo when I started having problems to see if ammo was the problem too. It wasn't the problem. I still had the same issues with every type of ammo I used.

I've also tried cleaning the bore with several different cleaners. I hadn't used anything but a bore snake to clean that rifle for months before it started acting up like that and it started all at once. Yes I know that could lead to a buildup but I've tried several name brand products on the market since then and I still have the problem. If it's a lead problem it is a stubborn one. I've cleaned the bore so many times now that I worry about damaging the bore by over cleaning. I'm only talking about cleaning it about 5 times but it was all with different products and with the same technique I've been using for a long time without any bad effects.

You probably see why my gunsmith says it's the crown. I know the barrel isn't shot out but a crown can be damaged by a deformed bullet can't it? I think the way this rifle feeds could have caused a problem with a bullet. It just doesn't feed smoothly all the time. In fact it feeds pretty rough at times. It doesn't really have a feed ramp like most guns have. Obviously it is setup to feed but it could be made to feed much smoother.

The place where I bought my rifle has shipped other guns back to the factory for me. I plan on taking it them today to see what they say.