Quote Originally Posted by trentcwwilson View Post
I'm not new to the game of long range shooting. At 100 yards, barrel harmonics wouldn't change my POI 4" unless the front action screw was majority loose. It's not, torqued down to spec. As far as a chrony, I'll only buy quality equipment, and that means the MagnetoSpeed V3. I've tried the standard models and they have issues I don't have time to deal with.
Adding a brake changes the way hot gasses exit your barrel, and you don't think it affects barrel harmonics? I don't care if you have a .800 thick barrel, anything applying pressures in the tens of thousands of pounds per square inch is going to cause the barrel to move. So yes your POI can change by 4".

It's amazing how any of us ever functioned before the Magneto Speed or Lab Radar, and still managed to hit anything we were shooting at. Great tools both of them, but recording data is essential in long range shooting, so even a cheap chronograph can supply you with good info. Even if it gives you errors on occasion if your record enough shots over it, you can get a pretty exact speed of your bullets to plug into a ballistics program.

Continuing on my previous post, I did rezero my scope. At 200 and 300 yards, my ballistic charts are STILL not correct. I'm not getting 1.70 MOA adjustment @ 200 and 4.28 MOA @ 300.
So you have info at 200 and 300 yards to plug into a ballistics program, unless you didn't bother to record the changes. So what was your new drops to get on target at those ranges? Just change the speed in the ballistics program until your drops match what your getting on target. Again you don't have an issue or "BIG" problem, other than the fact you're looking for one.

Um....I'm NOWHERE near 60k. Hodgdon list 48,600 at a max of 45 grains. I'm shooting 44.7.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Actually Hodgdon lists your load at 48,600 CUP, which very well could be close to 60,000 PSI. They are not the same measurement: http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...-measurements/