Quote Originally Posted by bowfishn View Post
Their info is almost spot on with QL with RL26 (QL 2972 fps at 57551 psi) as well as info at Alliant shows that QL data on RL26 to be accurate. Based off this I started with 46 gr. with the 140 Nosler RDF and worked up then did the same with Hornady 143 ELDX. Being that one of the weak link in the 6.5 Creedmoor seems to be primer pockets loosening up even with factory loads that have been pressure checked to be below SAAMI Max Pressure I should start to see signs there. QL shows the 49 gr load with 143 ELDX to be 61221 psi, I believe they are close but without Pressure Trace or other pressure testing I can't be sure other than watching for tell tale signs. 48 grains gets just at the 3000 mark with QL pressures of 56490 psi. and that is the spot I am going to work on.
I still have a lot of load work to do, I still have to try different COALs, change charge by 1/10 gr up to 48.4 grs and I have done more case prep as well as better powder measurement in hopes to bring down ES.
First thing, you need to be CAREFUL with QL, it is a fun little calculator, but take it for that only. Anything made by General Dynamics is dangerously limited in knowledge, based upon weak bomb testing. Moreover Hodgdon is too stupid to know what they resell most of the time, OR based upon the fact they swap suppliers like you and I swap socks. Has QL come out with an update since last fall warning you that IMR-4064 in the 1# bottles is fine, but that the 8# jugs are now made by Rhinemetal?? Didn't think so. Most people probably still loading by grains as though there is zero lot variations out there and magically the load will forever be the same results too.... If factory brass has loose primer pockets after a single firing, then they are over-pressure. Hornady typically builds brass to 120% of operating pressure for the cartridge, whereas the revered Lapua is 130%. "Signs" happen after this. Unless the tensile strength of brass gets met, you won't see the "signs" of stretching. Watch your chronograph for signs of pressure. Are you going over book velocity? Then you already went over book pressure.