Quote Originally Posted by RustyShackle View Post
That would probably suffice, however I'm curious to how it would hold up over time. Seems like an etching primer would need to be used first on the aluminum. I guess I am a bit of a snob when it comes to things like that. I don't like bubba'd projects. Maybe I'm over thinking things.

Also if using the Burris Sig rings with inserts if you can do some simple geometry its pretty easy to calculate how much deviation the inserts accomplishing over the distance between them.
You'd be amazed at how well paint will stick to freshly cut aluminum/steel before it gets a chance to get contaminated with oils and waxes. If you want something that will hold up almost forever, find someone who has some left over black Duracoat. "Bubba Jobs" usually have a certain "look' that goes beyond paint. Like maybe just cutting off the end with Bolt Cutters or leaving the hacksaw marks behind, along with the crooked cut. If you do the cut at the front of the rail, it will be concealed to all but those who see it with the scope off. Chances are nobody will ever notice.