Quote Originally Posted by Deadshot2 View Post
Remove the base and cut it off using a miter box and hacksaw. Dress the rough edge with a flat file then hit it with some flat black BBQ Paint or the Birchwood-Casey Black Pen. Rather than spray the rail, I'd spray some of the flat black paint in a can lid, just enough to cover the bottom then dip the shiny end of the rail into the paint. Hang the rail up with a piece of string (I often just use dental floss) until dry.

You'll never notice the cut off end. Just bevel with the flat file to match the un-cut end before painting.
That would probably suffice, however I'm curious to how it would hold up over time. Seems like an etching primer would need to be used first on the aluminum. I guess I am a bit of a snob when it comes to things like that. I don't like bubba'd projects. Maybe I'm over thinking things.

Also if using the Burris Sig rings with inserts if you can do some simple geometry its pretty easy to calculate how much deviation the inserts accomplishing over the distance between them.