Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
Bearcatrp those are my words exactly and have typed them here many times. Ditch the 20 moa bases they are nothing but a hold over from the days before Burris Signature rings. To me the scopes in the pictures look like they need to go forward a little. Doesn't matter what base or rings you use if you don't have the correct ring spacing you won't have a clue what your cranking on the knob.
Only an issue with the Signature Rings. Not an issue with any of the "angled rails" using conventional rings, as the axis of the scope is parallel to the surface of the rail. You can move rings as far apart or as close together as you want with standard rings and change nothing other than what minuscule variations in scope surface might occur.

I personally prefer the Seekins rings that use a lug fitting the slots in a picatinney rail with no fore/aft movement. Also prefer their method of securing rings to base using two flush T-25 Torqx screws. Nothing to snag kit or flesh, unlike the cross bolts that are are smaller in dimension so they can fit Weaver bases as well as the Picatinney Std mounts, and have a large nut extending on one side or the other.

Seekins also provides the same rings to Vortex with just different markings.