That being said, I would not consider for one second taking a Savage bolt gun after dangerous game
I'll tell you what. If you lived with dangerous game in the yard like I do I'm betting you would be willing to use something - anything for protection even if you couldn't spend the thousands it takes to get a double gun. Maybe if I had come across a Mauser or a pre-64 Winchester when I had the money I might own one now. But I have chosen my guns for different reasons I suppose and I have no problem trusting my 110 in .30-06 on the dangerous game I encounter on a regular basis.

As I said before I usually choose something that isn't quite as likely to kill my neighbors half a mile down the road or more but if I had a perfect shot down in the gulley where I do my target shooting and I wanted to take out a dangerous bear I'd pick up the Savage first time every time. Maybe I haven't owned as many as some but I know my 110 is almost certainly going to work because it was worked a very high percentage of the time.

But as I said I trust my 12 ga. with K.O. slugs for all the dangerous game in my area. Maybe they should have stipulated African game because I don't think I have an elephant gun and I don't believe Savage makes one. But we certainly have dangerous game here including bear, cougar and bobcat. I would trust my 110 .30-06 on any of those animals. But when I take the garbage down the hill after dark I carry my trusty Pardner Pump Protector loaded with 7 K.O. slugs. Still if I had the perfect safe shot at a dangerous bear I would probably pick up the Savage.