Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stealth purchase question

trentcwwilson

I've had customers that had issues with their warranty. One guy told me their CS rep told him it's his problem, deal with it. Same kind of responses from ATN as well. If I've learned one thing over the years, buy quality, buy the standard. Right now, Vortex is your best bet. Veteran run and owner, and their warranty has been claimed and proven to be the best on the market. Them and MidwayUSA are literally neck and neck on their CS. Not a single company comes close to them.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    +1 for the Athlon scope. I have the Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 on my Stealth and it is a very good scope for under $400. Compares very favorably to the more expensive scopes some of my shooting buddies have.

Also, look at the Primary Arms 4-14. It is an EXCELLENT scope for the price, and at the ranges you are talking about it would be perfect for under $300. I have this on my 20" AR15 and am very impressed

I

trentcwwilson
    Quote Originally Posted by icker96 View Post
    +1 for the Athlon scope. I have the Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 on my Stealth and it is a very good scope for under $400. Compares very favorably to the more expensive scopes some of my shooting buddies have.

Also, look at the Primary Arms 4-14. It is an EXCELLENT scope for the price, and at the ranges you are talking about it would be perfect for under $300. I have this on my 20" AR15 and am very impressed

I
    For that price, he can the a Vortex Viper or Diamondback HP from MidwayUSA with free shipping.

Thanks for all the great help I was looking at the vortex diamondback tactical 4\12\40 was 299 with shipping what do you think

trentcwwilson
    Good price. Going through MidwayUSA? They have free shipping on glass and a VERY fast turnaround. Always makes it to me in 3 days.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trentcwwilson View Post
    For that price, he can the a Vortex Viper or Diamondback HP from MidwayUSA with free shipping.
    True, but those are 2nd focal plane scopes with less magnification, less objective size, and glass that is no better. IMHO the Athlon and the PA are at least as good as Vortex glass wise, and much better feature wise. I have shot my Athlon side by side with the Vortex 6-24 PST, and there was no difference that me or my buddy could notice. Now when I shot my Athlon next to the Vortex Razor AMD, there was definitely a difference. Was it a $2200 difference? well, I guess it depends on your frame of reference for $2200.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trentcwwilson View Post
    Good advice. I'd only do it with Vortex. Leupold won't warranty their "lifetime" warranty scopes if they were bought used.
    I bought a used VXR 2-7x33 off of EBay last year and it wouldn't power up when I received. Called Leopoldo and told them what happened and where I purchased and they gave me an RA to send it in. I contacted the seller and he refunded the shipping charges back and forth to Leupold.

trentcwwilson
    Quote Originally Posted by Spearjunkie View Post
    I bought a used VXR 2-7x33 off of EBay last year and it wouldn't power up when I received. Called Leopoldo and told them what happened and where I purchased and they gave me an RA to send it in. I contacted the seller and he refunded the shipping charges back and forth to Leupold.
    I tried that with an unopened, but "used" Mark 6 3-18x and that had a loose objective lense that also had a horrendous "gluing" of the two lenses. They told me there wasn't anything they could do. A factory sealed box, untouched by human hands, and they told me to piss off. Yea, Leupold is turning into Colt at an astonishing pace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12