My fairly tardy update...

So, as you guys recommended I did some adjusting on my trigger. WOW! Made a huge difference. I'm going to shoot it some and would like to get a scale to test it. I may actually add a little pressure back to it since it is strictly a hunting rifle. It did take some back and forth with sear engagement and safety adjustment but got it very light and crisp with no creep that I noticed. Was able to reduce over travel as well. If others are going to do this I'd recommend testing the safety adjustment at the middle position as well. I found that I could have a safe safety position but then I could move it to the middle position and give the trigger a very firm squeeze that the trigger would release when I took the safety off. Some back and forth with safety adjustment and a little increase in sear engagement got me to what I think is a safe place. I reassembled, and tested by firmly squeezing the trigger with the safety on and in the middle position then switching the safety off and smacking the stock near the action with the heel of my hand. It did not fire.

I'll try to get some range time in and I'm really looking forward to how it does now.

Thanks for all the good advice.