Quote Originally Posted by doctnj View Post

And Yobuck, there are no sighter rounds in PRS. Every shot counts, or doesnt count however you want to look at it. It seems most every match has a special first stage that is "cold bore". So your rifle isnt warmed up and you have to make a shot out to like 600yrds. So you rely on your previous dope and a wind "guess" and go for it. Plus first shot jitters which is the worst because everyone is watching you because we do this one at a time. Heck at my very first match I could hardly get the magazine in the rifle, my hands were shaking so bad! lol needless to say I missed. I wasnt even sure where the crosshairs were when I pulled the trigger. lol
Sounds like a common case of buck fever lol. Even worse would be running the whole mag thru the gun without firing the gun.
Which is why most of the guys I know only use single feed guns. lol
But again, I'm not a competitor, and never have been in any serious manor.
I know about and appreciate the effort that goes into it, and I also fully realize the products and equiptment all of us enjoy using today has come about to a large degree as a result of the demands of competitive shooting and shooters.
Just how much of the equiptment, and the mindset/technique required for one aspect of the sport is a (requirement) for another aspect, seems to be where opinions can vary.