The new 338 Lapaua have this issue, though Savage Pretends they know nothing about it.

I have 2 guys at the range who also have the same exact Issue. I have the 110 BA Stealth. it takes ~ 30 rounds for the scope rail to loosen and just about fall off.

First time I figured a freak issue, so I cleaned, blue loctite and 20 " lbs of torque. It came back 30 rounds later.

I brought my rifle to Savage a few days before Christmas, took them 3-4 week to supposedly fix it. Just took it out today, 30 rounds later my rail is lose once again.

Upon inspection it looks like their repair was just to use new screws, they didn't do a darn thing to fix the actual problem, just put in new identical screws. I am totally pissed, my first Savage and this is what I get....

The main issue is the lack of proper thread engagement. My screws are 8-40 x 3/16, they only have 2 threads of engagement into the receiver, the engineer and the gunsmith have to be a total idiot to think this design will work.

Common knowledge is 4-5 threads minimum or 1 screw diameter in length.

I am not sending it back a 2nd time at this point. I'll just repair it myself with proper length screws. I'll post up the repair, be a week or so before I have the parts.

Can you edit the thread name to include "lose" so others may find it. "Factory base rail Lose"...