Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
Rifle, Burris XTR II 4-20x50, bipod, and full mag is around 15 lbs. Next time I have it upstairs to clean, will get on the scale but think I am pretty close.
Well my planned set-up will be somewhat different than your.
The older version of the 110BA I plan on buying goes on the scale at almost 16 pounds with nothing on it. So once I add the goodies (scope, bipod, and heavier XLR buttshock) I expect the gun to tip the scale at over 20 pounds or more. If I find the recoil still too hard to handle I just might pour some lead in the XLR stock buffer tube to add an other 3-4 pounds.

We are now talking about a possibly 25 lbs gun. So the felt recoil should be substantially reduced when compared to your much lighter rig.

Also I have considered the muzzle rise.

So the buttshock will be raised as high as it can go so the gun recoils more straight back into my shoulder. Kind of like an AR recoils if you will. But I think the .338 LM probably kicks slightly more than a .223. :D

To accommodate the higher stock, I will likely need a higher scope mount. That will need to be considered when I have the gun in hand.

So you found the recoil without the brake intolerable? Or still tolerable but just more harsh than with the brake?