Quote Originally Posted by Adirondack View Post
Do you still have the 30-06? I have had great luck with middle of the road loads of H4350. I run 57.5 grains with Remington Brass. It doesn't seem to be fussy about what you feed it for a powder charge. I was running 62 grains, but saw no reason to push it so hard when most of my hunting is done in close quarters.

Mine is definitely the small profile barrel. I have a Remington model seven also and the two barrels have the same diameter at the muzzle. My 116 trophy Hunters in 30-06 and 223 have the normal (larger) profile barrel.

I will offer my son his choice of my rifles in two years when he can hunt. I am afraid I know which one he will choose. I'll just have to buy another one, that's all. My next one might be a 270 or 260.
No, I sold that barrel. I still have the 270 though.

That said, the Shilen 30-06 Bull like 4350 a lot (IMR in this case) .

270 is general fond of 4350 as well so that's where I will start.

I am going to wait until its warm though! Was shooting at 5 deg Saturday. Not bad as we do have a covered shed with quartz tube heaters, but that is getting to my limit.

My wife has put suspenders on my Alaska Pipeline Down pants, I think they were rated -60 or so. Sitting still that was good.

My water was freezing in the shed despite the heaters.

It was a gorgeous sunny day though.