The smaller the case capacity the more it will effect chamber pressure, meaning larger magnum cases will be less effected by case volume.

Below the older lot of Lapua .223 brass with 28.0 grains of H2O case capacity will have *6,000 psi increase in chamber pressure over the Lake City case with 30.6 case capacity.
(*Quickload defaults to 28.0 H2O case capacity and your "fired" cases must be checked for H2O capacity)

As you can see below there is a reason why people buy Lapua brass and that is because of its uniformity in weight and volume.
(see extreme spread below in case weight variations)

handirifle

I buy a lot of once fired Lake City brass in 5.56 and 7.62 and I form my .243 brass from 7.62 cases and then sort by weight. The 7.62mm, NATO, Ball, Special, M118LR cases are just weight sorted M80 cases and must fall into a 2 grain weight variation range limit. And I also use weight sorted M80 7.62 Lake City cases for my Savage Hog Hunter .308. If this is good enough for military match grade and sniper ammunition its good enough for a old fart who drinks too much coffee and has chronologically gifted eyesight.