...has it been resolved yet??

I've got a Model 16 in .223, had it for about a year now. The third (second last) round in the magazine fails to feed about 75% of the time, the fourth (last) round fails to feed about 90% of the time. Looking closely, the magazine pushes down slightly - 1/16" or so. If you push the case forward slightly, it brings the case rear up enough the bolt can't override it. If you hold the magazine from the bottom, it feeds fine. This correlates with the findings of most of the posters describing the problem.

I've been through the discussions here and out in the web that have occurred over the years. Stretching the spring and opening the lips doesn't solve the problem, as the magazine is free to move downward just enough that there isn't sufficient compensation by the other corrections. It isn'st a simple 'change the mag' fix either. My son has an Axis in .223 as well and has the same problem with his rifle, for the same reasons. My magazine does the same in his rifle, his does the same in mine. I've purchased a third magazine, which does the same in both rifles. Again, posters here describe the same experience.

Attempts by other posters at trying to move the tab at the magazine rear have failed, with the tab simply just breaking. Trying to shim it in some way, either with something applied on the stock or under the tab, seem uncertain, as any decrease in hold at the rear can result in the magazine simply falling out, which is far less than ideal, of course.

It's more than a little annoying to me that this problem has been regularly described by owners over the course of years yet appears unresolved by Savage.

Any help anyone can offer to fix this is appreciated.