I shoot my 22-250 almost exclusively at prairie dogs. I built it with a 300-500 yard working range in mind. I'm shooting primarily the 50 gr Vmax, but also the 50 gr Ballistic Tip. Performance has been very good for me with either of those bullets, even out to 600 yards (taken a few longer pokes on a calm wind day). One of the things I like about both bullets, other than their terminal performance and break up on impact (important on a flat prairie dog field), is that they are both available in 250 (the Vmax can also be found in 500) count boxes. That is a big deal to me, as I can shoot 400-500 rounds over a weekend (per gun) over some "good" dog towns. But my criteria is accuracy, terminal performance (including breakup on impact-so less risk of ricochets), and a nice cost break in the big count boxes.

I have shot a few 'yotes with this combo, but more targets of opportunity than a dedicated 'yote rig. Sometimes they come in to the dog towns to pick up the dead ones for an "easy meal". I've not had to hit one twice with that load.

I have other rigs built up for "nearer" and "far-er" shooting, but my 22-250 has been a solid performing "mid range" gun. Mild recoil, moderate to average report, no muzzle brake needed to see your own hits in scope, relatively inexpensive to load for, and brass life has been good (I neck size only until the bolt no longer closes, then set the shoulder back again, which helps greatly).

My load is 40.0 grs of H-380, Fed match primer, Rem brass, neck sized only, either the Nosler BT or Hornady Vmax, either one in 50 gr weight, seated just off the lands. Shooting a McGowen bbl with a 9 twist. Scope is a Nikon 6-18x in 0 MOA mounts.