I won't try to delve into the details, but when a chrono graph shows a sudden increase in speed for a given load, its gone over pressure.

So, if you want this to be relevant, you start low and work up and watch the speed.

Just targeting for a speed is totally the wrong approach, and shooting for a velocity is not the way to do it.

You take what the world gives you. If you want max velocity, you have to fine out what that is for YOUR GUN.

Not reading what load development process is or understanding it is a serious mistake.

Start off at least 10% below max, or start at the low end of listed and work up and take data.

And when its been pushed to the upper edge, then indeed a magnum primer can push you over as it can be good for upwards of 2 or 3 grains more powder.

There is a lot of variation in that due to powder speed, cartridge, gun etc.

Again the point is, start low, work up and monitor ALL the indicators going up.

There will be another one or two accuracy nodes below what you are at, take what the setup give you, not what you want.

I would like to have a million in savings, I sure don't have that. I have to live with that. If I live like I have a million there is going to be a sudden screeching stop to my world.