Quote Originally Posted by llbts1 View Post
Nic, that is one sweet pic. On your bipod, did you strengthen your stock before you installed the bipod?
Thanks. I think that is an old pic and I had not done much to the rifle, but to answer your question, yes. I cut out the ice tray looking sections in the front of the stock and used JB Weld epoxy to fill in the void. I read to coat the plastic with superglue first, which will allow the epoxy to permanently adhere to the plastic. I did that not knowing if it would help or not. Some say over time the epoxy will eventually break free of the plastic. I will deal with that when and if the time comes. I had to do a tiny bit of sanding to make sure the barrel channel was not touching the barrel. I finally added a Rifle Basix trigger. It shoots pretty good. I thought I had a picture of the epoxy filled stock on Photobucket, but I do not. I have a picture of it somewhere. I did see a couple of pictures of targets that I shot using Sierra 65 grain gameking bullets. I think I had just started to reload at the time. The groups were pretty good and would have been very nice except for the pesky flyer I tend to have on every group I ever shoot. The targets says 100 yards, but it was about 105. I bought a range finder later and had guesstimated the distance I had been shooting.