Quote Originally Posted by LEJ76 View Post
I had noticed the exjection port area but cant find any reference to it. Im asssuming as a general rule the more steel in the action the stronger it is and better for accuracy??
Many assume that, but it's never been proven. The action only needs to be stiff enough to handle the task at hand. Any additional stiffness beyond that threshold offers no additional benefit. Unless you're hanging a 30"+ long full bull barrel off the action the additional rigidity of the solid top Target action isnt going to offer any benefit. Also, if you use a 1-piece scope mount it acts as a brace and makes the open top action just as rigid as the Target actions.

Just reading somewhere else it says that the 10BA uses 5R rifling, im not sure if anyone knows how true this is?? I know they did it for a run on their model 10T but i don't think they are doing it across the other model 10's like the 10FCP-SR
Anyone?
Based on what I'm seeing on the Savage website I would say the 10BA uses standard rifling. Savage doesn't specify it for this model, but does for other models. I can't recall seeing any of the reviews I've read stating it had 5R rifling either. Given the typical roughness of Savage barrels, a factory 5R barrel probably wouldn't be any easier to clean than a standard 6-land rifled barrel which is the primary benefit of a 5R barrel.