Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
I've decided that, since my thoracic surgery, I'm too much of a wuss to keep shooting the .308 Winchester round. I've fallen in lust with the 6.5 Creedmoor as a round and would like to purchase a pre-fit barrel for my Savage 110FP tactical that I purchased more than 2 decades ago.

I was considering a replacement barrel that is 22" - 26" in length. It has to be threaded (5/8-24) so I can use my Suppressor on it. I was considering a Carbone Fiber barrel from Proof Research but they're a little pricey and do not offer threaded barrels (yet - they said they should be the first quarter of 2017). While I'd liket o keep the weight down, I would rather have a heavy barrel that is uber-accurate. My preferred load shoots the Sierra 175-grain HPBT but I am open to using the Hornary 178-grain ELD Match or something similar.
I'm a bit confused, you say you want to know about, and go to a Creedmoor, but them talk about desired bullet weights for the 308. So what are we doing again? GunShack carrys a few brands, or BlackHole will do what you need with much less wait(if not in stock) than most everyone else currently.