Well first of all this is my first post so props to me . I am in the process of doing almost the same thing to my model 10 .243. Biggest difference is that mine is preaccutrigger. I think my dad got it in '89. I love Boyd's stocks. I grew up only an hour or so away from their shop and have had the pleasure of visiting in person. If you want a stock for target shooting/ compilation I'd go with either the thumb hole (if you like that grip), or the pro varmint (more typical "sniper" stock). You can get a fully customized stock with your choice of wood, LOP, engraving, and finish for less than most any other company.

As far as the barrel goes, I really thought no it boils down to how much you want to spend and what options you want. If you just want to move calibers than the ER Shaw is a good choice and bang for your buck(from what I've read). Now if you want a fluted barrel and a/or a muzzle break than you will want to find someone like Bartlein or Hawk Hill. As far as length of the barrel again that would go with the type of shooting you do. Is it a hunting rifle, target or both. Some hunters like a 22" barrel and some 24. Most firing 6.5cm in competition are using a 26".

It's a lot to consider. I for one am going with the Boyd's Prairie hunter. I'm still in the air about the barrel.

Good luck man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk