Quote Originally Posted by doctnj View Post
Ok it took me a little time to get back here. I recently had surgery and have been laying around and not at the computer as often. Back at work today so anyhow.

What do you think about neck tension? I keep hearing that ss dings up the necks and effects neck tension. I think its just a bunch of bs and can be delt with if its even something to worry about in the first place. I use bushing dies and can simply go up or down a k if I need to adjust.

LongRange

I forgot to add the above to my last posting, there are competitive shooters who say removing all the carbon from the neck effects neck tension and accuracy. And you said it doesn't remove all the carbon "BUT" it does remove all of mine. So again it depends on the speed of the tumbler on how fast the stainless steel media scrubs the cases clean.

I just put 100 once fired Lake City 7.62 cases in my tumbler for an hour and there is just a faint tint inside the cases and faint coloration in the primer pockets. So again thats what I meant by saying never say never because of all the different type tumblers on the market.

The competitive shooters who do not like wet tumbling or sonic cleaning just brush the inside of the case and leaving the carbon inside the necks. They feel the stripped clean case necks will allow the bullet to bond to the inside of the case neck and effect bullet grip. The less fussy competitive shooters will wet tumble or sonic clean but seat the bullets long and just before the match seat the bullets to their proper depth and breaking any bonding.

So my post was not meant to be insulting and I was just clearing up the facts about wet tumbling, removing carbon and peened case mouths.