Use 4227 at about 28 grains. Quite a few of the ASSRA cast-bullet shooters use that at even lower pressures, aiming for about 1450 fps out of 24" barrels. (We are restricted to plain base bullets, so higher velocities generally cause leading.)

I burned a ton of XMP 5744 in the '90s. It was the popular powder for heavy cast bullets in .30-06 up to .45-70, based on a couple of articles that Mike Venturio published, and it is pretty good. It isn't very position-sensitive, which is the bugaboo with 4227 at light loadings. It has fallen out of favor for two reasons IMHO. Firstly it's expensive, and second it likes to be run at something over 25,000 psi., or you get a lot of unburned grains left over. I used a blow tube in one rifle to at least clear these from the chamber. Otherwise I dented cases left, right and center. It also doesn't meter as quite well as ball powders. Around 28 grains should get you into your desired 2000 fps. velocity range. If you get unburned grains, up the load. You can go to 35 grains and still be well within the pressure limits, but your velocity will have crept up close to 2400. The original XMP 5744 was said to be a repackaged Czech military powder. They ran out of that, and had it replicated somewhere else. Rumor is that the "new" powder, which is named just AA5744, is not the same, so I'm quoting loads from Quickload, not from my notes. (I never had a .358 Win, my experience in .35s was all around .35 Remington.)