Quote Originally Posted by sparky123321
I've owned Nightforce, Pantex, Bushnell, Nikon, high end Nikko Stirling's(Diamond Sportsman) and many other scopes. I guess it all depends on how much money you wish to spend and the amount of magnification you're looking for. I perfer higher magnification, but my guide doesn't use or recommend anything over 24x because of eye fatigue.

The clearest and bightest scope, by far, that I've ever used is the Bushnell Elite 4200 Tactical 6-24x50mm scope. They run around $700.

If you're looking for a reasonably priced scope with great glass give Mueller a try. Midway carries these scopes. I recently picked up a Mueller 8-32 target scope just to use while working up new loads for a new Ultra Match AR. I was amazed at the color, clarity and light gathering ability of this $200 scope. There aren't many other scopes in this price range, if any, that are clear edge to edge and usable at their max power. Don't let the small objective lens fool you. It looks a little funny compared to all the other 56mm-60mm objective lens scopes out there, but I did a side by side comparison with a 60mm objective scope that cost twice as much and the Mueller blew it away. I was planning to pull off the Mueller and put on the more expensive 60mm scope until I did that side by side comparison. There even lower priced Eradicator scope has received some great reviews as well, but I can only provide feedback on their target scope. I believe Midway has several deals and coupons going right now and you should be able to get a Mueller scope for $150-$200.

I'll probably pick another Mueller up for working up loads for a BR rifle I'm building. Honestly though, I will replace it with a more expensive higher magnification scope down the road. I like to see my hits and perfer something in the 50x range for my long range shots(750+ yards).
Bushnell ?? wow I will check them out! Thank you.