Quote Originally Posted by C1A1 FAL View Post
Thanks for the heads up on the torque specs. I was making some quick notes while speaking with Cadex and I may have recorded it wrong. What happens if you go to 65 inch pounds on a Savage? I assumed the 40-45 in/lbs on the Accustock was due to a more flexible stock and the higher torque settings on a Cadex were due to the strength of their chassis?

The MDT was a close 2nd even though it's a bit more cost effective and yours looks perfect! It was the adjustment on the Cadex to get it just right that sold me. I have the Bushness XRS as well with the H59 reticle, great glass for the dollar. I have been drooling over the Carbon Six barrels made for the Savage. I like the idea of a 20 round string without overheating and loss of accuracy. But the priority is getting the chassis and reloading. Throwing two dollars downrange ever time I pull the trigger gets expensive.

I don't think anything bad would happen if you torqued it down at 65in-lbs.

A few years ago I tested to find the lowest amount of torque required so the screws don't loosen from the recoil of 100+ rounds, and anything under 35in-lbs would loosen after a while in a 300winmag mod 111 hunting rifle, and the same amount was needed for a 10-fcp-k 308w.

Best accuracy was between 40 and 45 in-lbs in the 10-fcpk. I assume 65 in-lbs is required for the Rem700 actions otherwise they might come loose ?

Great choice of glass. I'm very happy with the XRS scope. I got the G2 reticle because I already had a Bush. DMR 3.5-21 with the G2 for a couple of years and can't think of a simpler x-mas tree reticle.

The XRS stays on the 243win HS3 and the DMR get swapped between a 308w and a 300winmag. 308w is the green one.