Quote Originally Posted by swamphonkey View Post
Your like me. I'm ok with 500-600 Max. Because I'm a Hunter and I don't like to shoot over 300 truth be told. But those guys are on a concrete bench shooting 1,000 yards at paper targets and have 15 pound rifles with 3,000$ scopes . Its a different ball game. I use Lee dies for a few rifles I even have a Lee press And I love it. But I'm good shooting 1" at 200. I don't need 1/4" at 200 or to make 1,000 yard shots. If I did I would buy the best also. I bow hunt mostly for deer unless I'm filling the meat locker and I shoot a rifle. But I'm like that with my archery gear. Heck my bow cost as much as a good used Harley. Do I need it no I killed lots of deer with a 150$ bear ,But I like knowing if I miss its completely my fault. When your in a sport where 1" at a half of mile means winner or second best. It makes a difference. Those guys could still probably shoot just as well useing Lee dies but it's the piece of mind knowing you left nothing to a what if?
If you can shoot 1" at 200 yds, you would be a competitor at the 1000 yd matches.
Id suggest you go do it. As for the scope, John Voniada held the world record for almost 14 years
shooting a gun he built himself on a Rem 721 action, with a plain old 24x Leupold sitting on it.
Lots of cats chased their tails during that period trying to beat that record.
And finally the lord smiled on one of them.