Quote Originally Posted by First Shirt View Post
I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I have to disagree with this. Yeah, Lee dies are inexpensive, and yeah, the lock rings suck rocks and need to be replaced. No argument there at all.

But right now, I'm loading for six Savage rifles in 7mm-08 (mine, my wife's, a spare, and one each for the three granddaughters, aka The Senior Minions) and I'm loading them with Lee dies mounted on a Dillon RL-550B, which anyone will tell you is not for precision work. Every one of those rifles will deliver sub-MOA groups out to 200 yards with disgusting regularity. To date, I've probably loaded 3000 rounds with these dies over the last four years or so. No issues, no problems, and no complaints. Now, I don't know if the accuracy is because of the rifles, the exquisite care taken in assembling the loads, the skill of the shooters (three of them teenage girls), divine intervention, or plain old luck, but I'll take it!

Granted, most of our non-paper targets are deer and hogs, inside of 250 yards, and that probably doesn't qualify as "precision" work. But we're all pretty happy with the results, nonetheless.
Your like me. I'm ok with 500-600 Max. Because I'm a Hunter and I don't like to shoot over 300 truth be told. But those guys are on a concrete bench shooting 1,000 yards at paper targets and have 15 pound rifles with 3,000$ scopes . Its a different ball game. I use Lee dies for a few rifles I even have a Lee press And I love it. But I'm good shooting 1" at 200. I don't need 1/4" at 200 or to make 1,000 yard shots. If I did I would buy the best also. I bow hunt mostly for deer unless I'm filling the meat locker and I shoot a rifle. But I'm like that with my archery gear. Heck my bow cost as much as a good used Harley. Do I need it no I killed lots of deer with a 150$ bear ,But I like knowing if I miss its completely my fault. When your in a sport where 1" at a half of mile means winner or second best. It makes a difference. Those guys could still probably shoot just as well useing Lee dies but it's the piece of mind knowing you left nothing to a what if?