Quote Originally Posted by Mozella View Post
How close to you expect it to get you? I shoot F class so my concern is making a scope adjustment from my 100 yd test data to a 600 yard match, realizing that I just need to get on paper to start with since we get several sighters to zero in on the X. However, without getting too involved with entering temperatures or pressures (which I could do if necessary) I nearly always put the first round within 2 MOA (often half that) with a cold bore shot using a generic fouling round. That may not be good enough for situation where you need an accurate hit from the first round, but by entering temperature and altitude and using a round made to my normal competition ammo standards along with known MV data I could be more accurate.

What are you expecting?
Maybe that is the part that I'm missing, temp - altitude - air pressure. The numbers are close. I suppose I will just need to print off a couple of charts and then start keeping close notes as to field observations to get corrected data. I just hunt rock chucks, rabbits and coyotes, small targets, and I don't like to miss.

Thanks, this has been helpful.