If I am tracking, you used one bullet and now are comparing it to another?

Doesn't work that way, each will have a different profile and the OGIVE is going to be different (that's what meets the lands not the tip)

And frankly, all the reloading manual is are recommendations that for the most part (chamber/land variations aside) a safe load that will work in a magazine.

Sometimes what works best is longer and if you are target shooting you just single load (AR records are set doing that as odd as it sounds, you want a target rifle get a bolt action for crying out loud )

What you want to do is find out what the COAL is (measured at the OGVIE with a comparator) and then play with the length using the OGIVE not the tip.

Hornady makes a tool for that, you have to tap on the back to get it close to right, I just seat them longer and then test it with a real case (or dummy) and move it back until I don't get any stick. That is the absolute maximum, subtract another .005 for OGVIE variation.

Tips vary more than OVIBE e though OGIVE does vary a bit with same bullet as well. Its a lot different between style of bullets as well as mfg of same weight let alone different weight.

Some guns like up against and in the lands, some like some distance back though usually not more than .030. Most like something in between with closer usually better.

I load most of my bullets way to long, a set of 5 or 10 where I think its good, then depending on how the groups is, I used a RCBS Junior at the range to adjust the COAL (I have my comparator with me on its calipers (clips on) and go from there. I never measure the tip.

Just hunting, tip is fine, you are after most reliable not tack driving accuracy.