Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy View Post
26" is an incredibly common tactical length for comp use. most go short barrels when using a suppressor. I would opt for the 12fv as well. truly great rifle, and HAS THE BETTER TRIGGER! don't overlook that. the fv has the varmint/tactical trigger, the hog hunter does not. it's a massive improvement for target/tactical use.

As someone who owns the swfa 20x SS, i vote for the 16x as well. I wish I would have gone with the 16x. at that power, it's more clear, brighter, and you really don't lose much magnification, especially if you are staying under 500 yards.

I would also recommend the warne rings to go with your warne base. the warne products are top notch. the fixed steel rings are very inexpensive, and are built great. would save a bit of money over the leupold as well.

another thing, have you messed with the MDT chassis before? Most of the shooters I know who do competitive or frequent shooting really don't like it for it's ergnomics and size. you might be happier with a B&C inletted. getting that with CDI bottom metal would be about the same price. But, the chassis/stock choice is absolute personal preference. If I were shopping for a chassis, I would go for a PDC. They feel incredible and are built like tanks, and they actually come with a great adjustable butt stock, whereas you have to add your own on the MDT, which will even out the cost difference. PDC built for function, where it seems that MDT may be catering towards the "tacticool" group. just my opinion.

What's the weight on the PDC chassis? The MDT was attractive because it weighed even less than a B&C medalist.

Really, the *only* reason I'm looking at a chassis is to avoid stock bedding and fitment drama. If it weren't for that I'd be perfectly happy with the factory tupperware, assuming I could find some way to mod it for detachable mags, and I could stand to wait on that until later.