Quote Originally Posted by earl39 View Post
m12lrs It would seem there are a lot of things you don't understand about the problem you are having with your build but one thing shows up repeatedly and that is the fact you came here asking for help and with an answer already formed and when the answers you got were not what you wanted they had to be wrong. If you feel our answers are wrong then i suggest you go to one of the AR or Grendel forum and ask the same questions. Maybe even copy and paste and see what the answers you get are. If you paid 600 for a Grendel barrel and want to grind/hone on the chamber and ruin any warranty you might have on it then by all means go for it.
Your adjustable gas block is to reduce the gas pressure and it can only reduce what it is supplied with. If it doesn't get enough gas then no matter how open you set it you will not get your bolt to unlock. The design of the AR is such that with the proper amount of gas pressure you never have a failure to unlock. You may rip the lip off the cartridge or even cause the case to separate but the bolt will unlock unless there is a gas leak somewhere. The gas system pushes in two directions to unlock the bolt. OH the heck with all this i am not going to waste my time and the time of anyone reading this trying to explain something to someone that has already decided what they think is the only way things can be and everyone else is wrong. I can with a large amount of certainty state you are undergassed. Did the scratches come from the chamber? I doubt it because if you look at your own pictures you have a scratch in the shoulder as well and it lines up with the scratch on the neck which has two scratches on it which are the same distance apart as the lug abutments (what the locking lugs on the bolt lock against in the barrel extension when in battery). Is your chamber perfect? NO Is your chamber bad enough to cause problems? I can't say for certain. Should your chamber be fixed? If it worries you send it back and have the maker fix it or at least look at it. If you want to throw away 600 bucks send me the barrel as is and i will run it on one of my uppers. If you want to cause more problems than you already have then hone away and remember if you change the shape of the chamber you can cause more problems than you have now and have no recourse as to getting it fixed. Setting back an AR barrel is next to impossible.

Rant over
Well rant on

I will be sure and let you know how it turns out

Don't think I am not listening

But I don't believe polishing that neck a touch will hurt it a bit. Fact is the same company is selling a chamber hone just to clean the crud out of your rifle chamber. I will mask off all of the hone except for the very end the length of the neck of my brass. Use the tape as.a false shoulder to set.the depth. I think I have.it figured out. I know that neck is rough. I know smoothing it out is a good thing. A few seconds and then check it with the borescope. Repeat until success.

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/176...rVMaAqYk8P8HAQ

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-to...m-prod651.aspx