A couple of aspect here. 3/10 a grain is of no significance, so don't look for the variation in 1/10 powder charges (small 17 and 22s aside)

I have an old RCBS Junior press, I just keep it in the car with a C clamp. It goes to the range with me. I have one group of no less that 15 seated to a trial depth.

The rest are deliberately left long. I then use the press and the bullet seater die to tune things as they seem to come together or not. I carry the completion seater as I can see the adjustment.

I also have a bullet ogvie compartor and that is my bench mark, not the tip. Tips vary a lot, Ogive does vary but closer.
I don't bother to zero it (1 inch length), I just list in my books Ogive and its a given they are actually 1 inch longer than real. Its the difference more or less you want.

.005 is the smallest change. Ogive has enough variation its not going to change getting it any closer than that. Some will be a hair less and some a hair more but .001 does not make it work best or not.

My take on loads is that I start 5/10 grain above the minimum out of my two ref books (Sierra and Hornady) 15 of that, then adjust up 5/10, another 15 etc.

There should be an accurate node down in the lower end. I assume if its the lowest load the first one will be pretty good and then start to get worse.

There also should be another one at the upper end.