Gotta love the 'bump test'....lol

I just accurized and trigger set an early model Savage 300 WM, cleaned the barrel (got rid of the front sight and plugged the hole and mounted a set of Bruce Talley rings) with a vintage Leupold 1" tube 4-16 fixed parallelax scope he wanted on it. The pre-accutrigger was, lets say rough. needed some careful stoning to remove the 'notch' and I set it as light as I could without failing the bump test.... Showing 2.5 on my digital trigger pull gauge. Went through the bolt and set the pin protrusion..

No, I didn't fire it. I left that chore for him. It has the old style basically solid butt plate snot stock and no brake and I'm not a sucker for punishment. I loaded up some 185 Bergers in Lapua Brass with Federal primers and jumped the Bergers 35 off the lands (which is about as long as will feed in the blind magazine) (I consider that too short but I'm not installing a Wyatt box too, it's a bang around rifle) and a mild load of H1000 and let him touch it off.... Not bad 1" group at 100 yards but got worse as his shoulder gave out after 5 rounds...........