Quote Originally Posted by strut64 View Post
As the OP I apreciate the replies, but a pipe wrench that is brutal. One would think that Savage is trying to put a stop to amatuer/home brewed gunsmithing. However, I am hooked. I have 3 actions and 5 barrels. Also got rid of 2 conventional rifles( A-bolt and Tikka). Now thinking of 2 more barrels. So I am commited. Already have a barrel vise and sturdy pipe wrench. So I am ready. Thanks
I don't think its brutal though crude comes to mind, at least having to do it. After that you are smooth sailing.

I went with the action wrench, mounted in a vice it works a treat. Other ways to do it with it but that is my preference and I did have the vice that was heavy enough for that.

Agreed Savage trying to clean up the lines. I will let you guys know how it goes.

I have to see how the barrel shoots first (270) and then see. Never had a good shooting 270 and this is the thin barrel so not expecting a lot.

Family has a lot of 270 and I was given a ton of brass, 250 bullets and have the dies so will be fun to see what happens.

I have a Bull XC barrel I will put on it, single load via the long action but the long term for this one is going to be a 7.5 x 55 Swiss.