Quote Originally Posted by LongRange View Post
21.5....this was the last 1000yd F-class match I shot in a 21+mph wind....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gotcha....my 6BR is around 34-35 MOA. I've not had my 6x55 Swede out that far yet for a reference.

Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
50 years ago the top choice in PA would have been the 6.5x300 Weatherby.
40 years ago that choice would have been the 7x300 Weatherby.
Reasons for those choices would have been good bullet availability, and the 7 stw and ultra mag didn't yet exist.
The various 7mms are still very popular, whereas the 6.5s are not, at least for hunting.
The 30 cal is also popular, but fading to a large degree due to the 338s.
Some of that is really uncalled for, and due to inexperience on the part of some who do the choosing.
Your not really missing much by having a 300 ultra mag, a 300 Norma, or even a 300 Wby or Win mag, with 190 to 210 gr bullets.
When it gets too far for them, it might also be too far for us. (If not sooner. lol)
As for ability, you've already shown you can do it Scooter. And if you have a young kid guess what, they can also.
Thanks for the info buck, I appreciate it. I'm debating on building a magnum sometime in the future that will have enough payload for deer at that distance. Will I ever shoot one that far?....nope, will I ever get the chance?..doubtful. But just in case. I've not really messed with the 30s, I like the 7's.(I have a 7mm-08(it's mommas), 280AI, and a 7mm Rem mag.) No particular reason, I just do. The 28 Nosler seems intriguing, but the classic 300win mag would work. I was just curious about real life results from some who've been there/done that.
Scooter