Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
The most accurate barrel I have is Chrome-molly.
Bartlein is currently the top seller in custom barrels.
I like the twelve twist so much I could never go back to a ten. 11 or 11.25 might be the ticket for the berger 185's.
Shilen Standard or Heavy Varmint seams to f it your bill. It is not in what they call savage drop in but in the custom barrel area you will f ind it.
You can do it with a 24. Are you at sea level?
Thanks for the input. Which manufacturers do you have experience with / like?

What projectiles are you using in your 1:12 that you like the performance so much. To date I haven't used any of the Berger Hybrid 185's but had thought it wise to keep my options open. If I can get the same accuracy with a 175gr and 1:12 twist then maybe that's another option I should consider.

Those contours do appear to be about what I am looking for. Several other manufacturers have a M24/M40 contour which seems about between those two you mentioned.

I live in Florida and all of my shooting is at sea level (so far). If I could expect similar velocities out of a 24", I guess it may prove to be rigid / accurate ? (especially with a big suppressor hanging off the end).

Anyone have any input on X-Caliber barrels? Shilen my best bet short of a Krieger / Bartlein? Are they worth the extra money / wait on a factory action?