Quote Originally Posted by Kingair001 View Post
You're right
Actually it is an upgrade of the 10 series
And a nice rifle
Only reason I would go for a 24 or even a 26" barrel is for long range shooting 1000 + yards
For everything below it will perform perfectly with the 22" barrel

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
To me, its a great rifle and actually exactly the rifle I was intending to "build". It is marketed as a lightweight precision type rifle. The chassis is called the "Lightweight Sniper System" (LSS). The goal was to be as light and compact as possible without sacrificing accuracy, which totally makes sense why they went with a collapsible stock and 22" barrel, and managed to keep it at around 9lbs. Not everyones cup of tea but I, and im sure others, think it is perfect for its intended purpose. Would you be better suited with something like your 12 LRP for bench and 1K+ shooting? Absolutely. But to have a rifle that you can carry for long distances fairly comfortably, while being able to ring steel out to 1k constantly, and punch paper accurately, that is quiet a feat. The use of a 22" barrel was definitely not a accident and ballastically its the " perfect " length for .308, imo. Just have to understand what the rifles intended use was.