i like knowing things for myself and i see on several other forums PPL(smiths included)saying that a barrel nut is not as accurate as a shouldered barrel so i decided to put it to the test...i ordered 2 blanks for this so the next barrel may be shouldered...not sure yet because from what im seeing(nut or shoulder)it dont seem to effect accuracy for the shooting i do.

when i told my smith i wanted a nut on this i seen his eye twitch a little so i think he may be one of the ppl that think the same and im pretty sure when i take him these targets on tuesday both eyes will twitch a little.

IMHO and with the barrels ive shot i think accuracy boils down to first...the barrel and running a very close second the smith that chambers and threads it...if a barrel is bad to start with its not going to shoot...if the smith just jams the reamer in and spins some threads on i doubt that barrel will shoot to its potential.

now for a serious bench rest shooter(which i am not)that nut may effect accuracy....i also believe that the shooter is the deciding factor in accuracy followed closely by his loading skills and how consistent they are.