My last 22.250 barrel I had chambered with a .250" neck and SAAMI minimum chamber diameter. My loaded ammunition without turning necks was .252" -.253" in neck diameter so I sized all my cases in a regular die that made them uniform in the interior neck diameter and then turned the necks down .005". I checked them again by seating a bullet in them and kept adjusting the cutter until they came out with a finished neck diameter of exactly at .248". Once fired in my chamber they come out .2495".

Then I used my Lyman S type bushing dies. First I removed the decapping pin and neck sizing plug from die (I use a universal decapping die that doesn't touch the necks to keep the sizing plug from pulling the neck diameter larger after sizing them). I then resized my cases using a .245" bushing which gives me unloaded brass with a .246" neck diameter so that when I seat bullets in them the necks expand out to .248" and I have .002" of neck tension. This gives me another .002" (.001" on either side) to release the bullet and my bullets are lined up as closely as possible to the barrel's throat.