Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
Ya know, there is a very slight convexed donut(not concave donut, when sometimes seen "necking up" brass, like
as in going from 243 to 260). The donut does not interfere with chambering in any way, and should be ironed out after the first firing. Not only that, but all of my neck sizes, after bullet seating, were well within SAAMI, most measuring .295". I'm not even bothering neck turning. Some things occurred to me during all of this. And it reminded me of a story I heard where people simply repeat what they hear others say...even with ABSOLUTLY NO experience of it themselves. I read so much about the necks getting thicker when downsizing, thus necessitateing neck turning. I also read this was exacerbated when using military NATO 7.62 brass. But I'm not seeing this in actuality. I believe this to be because the necks don't actually get "thicker". As I see it, rather, as I KNOW IT, when downsizing, the necks are getting longer. So, the necks can't be getting both "longer" & "thicker" at the same time! Where's the extra brass coming from?? If you could keep them from getting longer, the necks would certainly get thicker. But that's just not the case.
This is good news. I have been sitting on 100pcs of Remington .260 brass for a long time and they are about shot out. I'm just going to get some LC and try this out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk