I think if I remember right it is 5/8-24. The barrel just behind the brake is .648. I think Fred at CAR Arms said he needed .640 minimally. It's just the cheap $18 Ebay muzzle brake that works FANTASTIC!

I actually notice I have made changes, I added the Weaver multislot rail, instead of the weaver 2 piece, because the Leupold didn't sit where I wanted it, and I changed the rings to Leupold rings to get the height I wanted. Still, a light fast rifle.

Of all the Savages I have owned (17) or so, this one has the smoothest bolt I have ever come accross. From the factory it was like glass ball bearings and butter. I have touched up everything with 2000-5000 grit sand paper. It is so smooth that I can ALMOST load it from the magazine, just with the bolt weight on closing alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Redandwhite_72 View Post
What is the thread on your muzzle? Please post a picture of yours, I'd love to see it.

That's exactly what I'm thinking, something short and light weight. I have a 308, 280 ai, 300 rum and 338 win mag all with 26" barrels and all weight 10+ pounds. If I want to shoot distance, any one of them would be better than a 22" 308 sporter. So why not cut a spare down to minimum?!?!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk