Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
Can you post some pics of your new stealth? Also, your initial impressions.
Pics may have to wait a few days, pretty busy this week.
Only had it out once, still breaking it in, but with a Vortex Viper pst 6-24x50 it feels well balanced and light enough for a hunting rifle. I do like that you can single feed it while shooting from a bench.
There are a few things that I don't like;
Butt stock is so stiff it almost takes 3 hands to slide it in or out--once I get it adjusted I wont have to move it again so no biggie.
Adjustable cheek rest is not long enough for my long neck-pokes me right in the cheek, and gets in the way when you try to run your cleaning rod in-you better have a flexible one--or just install a stock swivel like I plan to do.
It comes with a 0 MOA scope rail and I ordered a 20 MOA rail to put on it only to find out the screw size is bigger on the stealth action then they are on all the other Savage short actions-WHY would they do that??
I didn't think to measure the size, I just used the screws that came with the savage and drilled larger holes in the new rail.

Even though I mentioned negatives I really like how this rifle feels and handles and even with just break in ammo I think its going to be a real shooter.

If you guys have any questions about it I will try to answer them.