Thread: got issues.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MoToad View Post
    I disagree. Because the casings are not stuck in there. The ejector is not grabbing. Still happening. I found the ejector seemed to be caught sprung out and when I thumbed it , it popped back over the ball and spring. Like it is catching on a burr or something.
    Me thinks you have the "Extractor" and "Ejector" twisted up!

The extractor, the detent ball and spring. On the bottom side of the extractor is a 1/2 deep round detent ( hole) , the spring tension on the ball holds it in place in it's 'home' position. Being a push feed action the extractor must be able to move outward when forced outward by the case rim when chambered and move back inward until it bottoms out in the case extractor groove.. If it hangs up in the outward position when jumping the rim it can't move back inward to engage the case extractor groove to extract a case.

If you were to install the extractor sans spring and ball it should slide freely all the way through the T slot in the lug. If not the T slot, extractor, ball, spring and bore need to be cleaned. 90% of the time cleaning it the 'fix'. On rare occasion I've had to tweak the extractor-T slot using needle files.

Its also one of those areas no lubrication is better than too much of or the wrong type of anything. Oils-greases are dirt magnets. After cleaning ( extractor, spring, ball and bore) I give the them a light wet coat of Break-Free, allow it set a minute or so then wipe it off. In a pinch without disassembly you can flush them with Ronson lighter fluid to remove any crud.

Bill
    Last edited by BillPa; 05-27-2016 at 11:32 PM. Reason: "ol nimble fat fingers !
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.