Quote Originally Posted by UK-Shootist View Post
I have a Lee cheapo and an RCBS powder dispenser. The Lee is just as accurate, if not more so.
After hearing-reading how happy those with their Lee PM I had to give one try. It wasn't as perfect as I would have liked out of the box but with a few tweaks and technique it threw charges pretty darn consistently. Not bad for a collection of plastic parts! Then last September I bought a Lee Classic. (Midsouth $70 and change). Its everything the PM is and more, cast machined steel body, brass drum, easy to adjust and or return to a previous setting than the PM and with it's 7/8-14 threads it fits most all stands. My only small complaint I would prefer both were calibrated in grains vs VMD.

In fact after using the classic exclusively the rest of the last year I made a fellow a killer deal on two RCBS Uniflows( one NIB) and a Johnson's Quick-Measure w/extra tubes and the setting gauge. Today's price for the QM? $270 and change! I didn't need them anymore. The Classic did everything the others did only better. Initial testing once I got the technique down I threw 100-50 grain charges 25 each of H4831(non-SC), 4451, Varget and R22 with only an average of .2-.3 gr variation BTW, a baffle had no effect one way or another consistency wise.

I still use my 55s for ball -flaked powders but the Classic for everything else.

Bill