I looked at Nate Foster's (N.Z.) 7mm Practical real hard. For a person that hasn't messed with wildcats much, it's simple and if you have a good assortment of dies, you can reduce the neck to 7mm and that's it. Nate's got a site, "Terminal Ballistics Research". He's written some books that you might like to look at.

I wanted to complicate my life, spend a bunch more money, and take over 2 years to build it. I built a 7mm Valkyrie. I won't go into all of the loads that I've worked with in it. I've gone considerably farther/faster/etc. than the 7 STW, and that's from a guy in the upper part of the state.

If you are serious, look up 7mm Valkyrie on the net, there's a few articles on it. My email is in my info, email me if you decide you want to build a Valkyrie. At this point with some of my loads, I've shot a .220" 3 shot group. I'm not shooting 5 or 10 shot groups because it's probably going to be bad enough on throats anyway. The original designers of it changed the shoulder angle from 25* of the 300 WM to 37* for the Valkyrie. The case is blown out some and the case body is about 1 to 2 mm longer than the 300 WM. The case holds 93+ gr. of water, depending on the brand of case.

Best to you, Paul