Thread: Once in a lifetime build. for me anyway. (lots of pics)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    The go gauge mattri sent me came in, and I was able to get back to work. It's a little slow (give me a break... Things are more difficult when your disabled & have only one arm/hand to use!). I'm getting there though.

Everything ready to go....action, billet PTG barrel nut & recoil lug and barrel.

26" Shilen barrel screwed in. Don't forget to coat the threads with your favorite moly or lithium grease. In the AR community it MUST be the Aeroshell moly super grease. Or else the Space Time Continuum may explode! Well, I've never used it, and instead always used whatever high temp wheel bearing grease I had around. The Time Continuum seems fine. Oh, and so are the couple dozen ARs I have built.

Make sure to pull the firing pin and ejector. Most also say the extractor, but I have never felt the extractor gets in the way.

Had to throw another one of these in. Love that recessed target crown.

And a nicely head spaced, barreled action.

It's almost set to be stuffed in this.

Unfortunately, I lost the sear spring. And, I'm waiting for a replacement bolt handle from Glades Armory, who I have to give a big shout out to. Not only do the have the nicest looking bolt handles, but their customer service is fantastic! I had a problem with my first bolt handle, and they didn't give me any problems. One of their people(Kevin) emailed me an apology and said they would send me out a replacement immediately. Awesome!
    Last edited by Dave Hoback; 05-15-2016 at 09:20 PM.