When my barrel was new I could get an oal consistent each time. Now my measurements are kinda all over the place as in 020" apart on average. The barrel has 500 ish rounds through it.

My question is: is this common because of the throat being worn down? Has anyone else experienced this? I'm getting different measurements even using the same bullet over and over.

I'm just guessing throat wear but how do I keep my bullets .010" off the lands if I can't find where that is????

I drop a 223 bullet down the barrel to free the 260 lead when it's stuck in the lands. When new the barrel would let go of the 260 bullet instantly. Now it takes 2-3 drops to free it most of the time.

Gun shot good last time out I just wanted to know for my own knowledge and now it's driving me nuts lol

I should add I'm using same oal case and the last of the 500 round lot I started with to measure. Even keeping the tool and pressures I put on the back of the bullet the same I still can't get the measurements to be consistent