this is my experience with the barrels you mention....first 5R refers to the shape of the lands more so than the number of lands...5R riffling has a cant on the lands like a V shape so to speak and is said to cause less fouling and seals better...5C conventional cut riffling is shaped more like this [ with no or very little cant on the lands...shilen ratchet riffling i believe is still a button riffled barrel...im not 100% sure but i think the ratchet riffling is just a more precise way of pulling/pushing the button through maybe Fred or someone can clarify.

with that said ive shot all of these...shilen button and ratchet...criterion...bartlein and right now a 4 grove kreiger...

shilen...all 6..2 in 300WM 1 button one ratchet...4 in 260rem 1 button and 3 ratchet...have ALL been tac drivers and if i only had button riffling to choose from id take a shilen over any other.

1 criterion in 260rem...not impressed and ill leave it at that.

bartlein in 260rem...STUPID accurate and held no or VERY little copper...so impressed that i will never shoot another button rifle barrel again.

kreiger in 260rem...i have 510 rounds through this barrel right now and the only reason i chose this barrel over a bartlein is because i wanted to see for myself how they shot because most of the top guys at the matches i shoot are shooting kreigers and love them....when i built my newest rifle i had this kreiger and a bartlein chambered exactly the same at the same time just in case and also to compare it to the barlein performance wise.
my thoughts at this point...STUPID accurate like the bartlein and holds no copper.

a few things ive noticed from button riffling to 5R to 5C...while the shilens were ALL tac drives they held copper and ALL needed to be cleaned more often to remain accurate...between 200 and 400 rounds in the barrels i shot and at initial break in took more cleaning...also the cold bore shot is a bit more consistent in the cut barrels and they seem to be more consistent from cold to hot but some of that may be do to the lengths of the barrels as well as fouling...ive shot 30" 28" 26" and now 24" barrels and the shorter ive gone in length the more consistent they seem to shoot from cold to hot.
there is no difference in fouling from the 5R to 5C that i have noticed and IMHO is also a factor in consistency.

i am keeping very strict notes on the kreiger im shooting now so that i can compare it to the bartlein when the time comes and one thing that has really peaked my interest is the speeds...i have 4 loads worked up for this barrel 1 with H4350 and 142g SMKs..1 with H4350 and 130g berger hybrids and 2 with RL-17 and 130g berger hybrids...the RL-17 loads are my favorite and give me the lowest ESs and impressive speeds.

after shooting a few cut barrels i dont see myself shooting anything but cut barrels...they are quite a bit more than a pre fit but worth every extra penny.