Quote Originally Posted by schnyd112 View Post
You are not the first person I know that has said that. Of the guys I know that spent a ton of money on nosler rifles chambered in 26 nosler, I don't know one who still owns one.

The one I know that still shoots it had his built on a custom action with a 30" barrel. He hunts, but not spot and stalk hunting. He carries all his stuff to one little knoll overlooking scattered timber and a few clearings. He has flags in several places and likes to shoot cow elk as far as he can see them. He has taken one at 800+ the last two years. Not a really my type of hunting, I have had a hard time staying awake the couple times I went out with him. He just waits for the elk to come through and nothing came anywhere close when I was there.
Some guys sit on stumps or in a tree on the edge of swamps where they might see 50 yards. Which one could argue amounts to about the same thing as for the hunting part. But your buddy benefits from a cartridge like the 26 nosler as opposed to the stump sitter, which is why he chose it.
I think its a thing called different strokes. lol
When good advise from knowledgable people is given, only a fool wouldn't listen. Build it on the proper action, or build a 7/08.